Monday, September 3, 2007

ESL Podcast Club

Hello my lovely students,

Over the weekend I had an idea. I thought I'd send you a message to explain it to you.

The internet and Mp3 players have changed the way we listen to music, videos, radio, etc... They have also become a great tool for learning English! There are many great podcasts on the internet. You should check them out, it's a great way to practice listening! But that is not my idea.

My idea is starting a Podcasting Club. This club would not meet at Jeju ESL academy. It would be outside of class time. What I want to do is find a group of students who would like to make a Podcast show (like a radio show) in English.

What would our show be about? Well, I think it is up to you to decide. It can be about anything you like. First we would decide on the idea, then write the show. Then we will record the show together.

Why should I help? For those people who are really interested in speaking English well, this kind of practice is great! You will learn to write basic shows and how to speak clearly so that other people can understand you easily. Other people will be able to listen to you, and practice their English too! PLUS, you get to meet with ME! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

These meetings will happen on the weekends (maybe 2 times a month). It is something that I am volunteering to help with. So, if you are interested in making a Podcast (like an internet radio show) in English, please tell me!

Marie

No comments: